Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In the Routine

Well, here I am, half way through week 2 already.  It's been a wild and woolly week for me already.  Monday was the first day I did an "on your own" workout, since I couldn't make it in for kickboxing at the gym.  I did an hour long kickboxing video in my living room.  It was the hard one I've tried before, but never really got all the way through.  That all changed yesterday.  I actually got through the video without feeling like I was going to collapse.  Don't get me wrong.  I was tired, and I worked hard.  I encountered a very interesting thought when I was reflecting on it over lunch.  Did I finish the workout because I am more physically fit, or did I finish it because I did not allow myself to quit when I was tired?  The answer is a bit of both, but more towards the not quitting side.

I also take encouragement in the fact that as sore as I was last week, it seems to have abated some.  I am still sore, and some times stiff, but I can still move.  Although, today was butt blaster, so maybe tomorrow I'll be singing a different tune!  It's fascinating how different muscles are sore this week!  Last week, it was my abdominals, my butt, and my pecs.  This week, it's my hamstrings and my shoulders.  Being the odd duck I am, I kinda like feeling sore.  It makes me feel less lazy.

Food this week has been less of a challenge.  I've gotten into a really great groove with snacks and meals.  I think I'm getting used to eating 6 times a day.  I notice that I'll start to feel hungry, check the clock, and it'll be time to eat again.  I also solved my constant hunger problem!  I upped my protein intake, and that helped very much.

So far, I have nothing more profound to elaborate upon for the week.  No epiphanies, no "why didn't I think of that" moments.  Just a resolve to continue doing the best I absolutely can.  That's all anyone can ask in any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment