Saturday, December 12, 2009

Week 10-THE RESULTS

Well, today was THE day.  The last 70 days all leading up to this morning.  I was nervous, excited, anxious, and happy.  Obviously, I was nervous about my numbers (this is for money, afterall), but I was also so happy that I had actually done it.  I finished the 10 weeks, with great, great results.  I feel better, stronger, and I know I look better.

I lost 2 inches off my waist and 1.75 off my hips.  Those were my biggest numbers.  The total of all my measurements lost was 6.75 inches.  In 10 weeks!  I lost a total of 1.8 pounds, and 4.4% body fat.  I improved my push ups from 5 to 31, and sit ups from 14 to 29.  I gained 5 inches in my flexibility.

I couldn't be prouder of myself, and I find myself a bit emotional about it all.  Not only my results, by my friends' results too.  Looking at all my fellow UBC'ers this morning,  I couldn't believe how great they all look!  Everyone of them has lost inches, noticeably.  We're happy for each other too!  I know I'm so proud to be in this group of people sitting back right now going, "Wow!  I did it!"  I'm sitting here fighting back tears as I write this because there is really no way to express what this means to me, to my friends.  We have all gone on our own journey to lose this weight, but our paths converged 10 weeks ago, and the results are so amazing.  Tonight is the awards dinner, so we'll see who takes the money, but this has become so much more than money.

I know I've said it before, a big thank you to all of my friends, family, and acquaintances that supported me through the 10 weeks.  You have all been such a great support, and it means so much to know I have so many great people cheering me on!  I will post before and after pictures tomorrow, after I get them back from the dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment