Thursday, June 11, 2009

Green Tea Thursday

I think I'm slowly descending into the throes of a cold. I've been sneezy and stuffy, but no cough yet. My throat was a little scratchy this morning too. Thus, it has become a green tea Thursday.

I've been a fan of green tea for a while. It's a very mild tea, with lots of antioxidants, and supposedly the power to get rid of excess water weight. What's not to love? It's also become very soothing to me. I love filling a large teacup with my green tea and just relaxing with a book or bumming on the internet. My latest love is some green tea that my aunt gave me. It's a green tea with toasted rice, and it tastes like Sugar Smacks but without the sickening sweetness. It's homey and comforting. It's got a toasted rice smell, and is very satisfying.

I've been feeling surprisingly good lately, although the last few nights I've stayed up too late, which is probably why I'm feeling kind of run down today. I've been hitting the exercise and activity pretty hard lately. I've upped the intensity of both of my regular work outs, which is great, but I'm tired. I've also been stressed about a couple different things, so I know I'm in need of a rest. Yet another reason I welcome a green tea Thursday.

It's good to recharge, and I'm getting better at listening to my body, and when it needs something. Plus, it looks like rain outside, which throws a wrench into my plans of mowing the lawn. Tomorrow is another day though, and I'm sure I'll feel more refreshed from the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment