Saturday, September 19, 2009

I signed myself up for WHAT?

The vegetarian thing has been going ok.  I'm still experimenting and figuring out what works.  Now that the kids are back in school, I'm looking forward to buckling down again.  I've been pretty lax with the vegetarianism lately, mostly because I'm out of ideas for what else to do.  I've decided that I'm going to try a new recipe every other day from my vegetarian cookbook, to help get the ball rolling on "options".  That's my biggest drawback right now, options for me while I cook something for everyone else.  I do the obvious; beans for burritos, tofu on occasion, mushrooms in spaghetti sauce.  But I'm not very good beyond that.  I hope that going through the cookbook will give me a good start, so I can branch out to be creative.

When I am actually being a "good" vegetarian, and not eating meat 3-5 times a week, I feel so much better, and notice a big difference on my waistline.  I am happy to report that I have lost and maintained a 12 pound weight loss since the beginning of the year.  The below picture is the comparison from June to the beginning of September:


Pretty good, huh?  I'm very pleased.  Regular exercise and vegetarian eating agrees with me!  I even revised my goal weight to 115lbs, since I'm getting close to my original goal of 120lbs.  I also told myself that once I got to my goal of 120, I would start strength training, so I could have definition, as well as a slimmer figure.  I am very happy to say that starting October 4, I am keeping that promise to myself.  I signed myself up for a 10 week "Ultimate Body Challenge".  So exciting!  I will be  kickboxing and doing other strength exercises, plus following a nutrition plan.  Since I love kickboxing, I thought this would give me the results I'm after, plus allow me to do something I really enjoy.  I've wanted to take an actual kickboxing class as well, so this is a win-win-win for me!

I'm not sure what all they are going to have us do, but I'm ready to challenge myself like this, and ready to see some great results.  I'm really excited to jump start my exercise routine, and maybe even become that washboard ab-ed girl in my dreams.

Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment