Friday, May 29, 2009

You lose some and...when do you win some?

I've been down in the dumps lately. My motivation and stick-to-itiveness is quite lacking. Or, maybe I've never really known motivation or stick-to-itiveness. I was always one of the "smart ones" in school, never having to struggle for grades or anything. If I didn't measure up, I quit and focused on whatever I was better at. I really don't know how to work towards a goal, or how to keep myself motivated! It's definitely not for lack of trying, but I'm much better at finding something else to focus on to minimize my weaknesses.

Interestingly, I'm not finding it hard to be a vegetarian. Big change in my lifestyle, easy transition, easy to stick to it. Why? Why can I incorporate this, but not exercise, and not give up pop and brownies? Because by giving up meat, I wasn't giving up something I enjoyed. Most people drool over steak; I can take it or leave it (more leave it these days!). I enjoy brownies and soda. I enjoy sitting on the computer and playing games. I do not like exercising.

But I don't like gaining weight either. And there's the rub! Which don't I like more, gaining the weight or exercise? I don't have an answer to that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment